Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Geezer Guitar officially achieves geezerdom

Today marks the 60th anniversary of my birth on 11.14.1947 so as Lynn put it in an email, I have achieved official geezerdom. Not doing much today, regular work-day and then choir at night. Had cake yesterday for work (a coworker's birthday is the 12th so we split the difference). My son Tommy just called from San Francisco to wish me a 'happy', so got caught up with him. More cake tomorrow at Cappa Java and then we're having some folks over next Sunday for a more-or-less official celebration that was planned at a neighbor's 60th party a few weeks ago.

Lynn and I will do a music set or two and hopefully there's some jamming, but I imagine I'll be doing a bit of mixing as well. Last Saturday I cleared out the back room (my office and instrument storage place). Mostly, I cleared out junk Lynn had put there a few months back when she hosted book club. I also took down a folding table and arranged some chairs as a 'jamming' space so I now have an official pickin' parlor.

No comments: